Welcome back to “Big Decisions: Is Cosmetic Plastic Surgery Right For You?” with Carolina’s Center for Plastic Surgery. Last week, we gave you a better understanding of elective plastic surgery by defining cosmetic plastic surgery, and exploring the benefits and possible consequences of these types of procedures.
This week, we’ll share some tips about what to look for and what questions to ask as you start your research to find more information about a specific cosmetic surgery procedure, and the surgeon you will trust to complete it.
Research Plastic Surgery in Morehead City and Jacksonville
When you’re planning to have cosmetic plastic surgery, it’s important to make sure you do your research and ask all the right questions about the procedure you are considering.
Altering your appearance can have many wonderful benefits (like increased confidence levels, and a happier disposition). It can also have consequences ranging from the large financial expense to rare, but possible, surgical complications.
Be sure to find the answers to all of the following as you conduct research and make a decision about cosmetic plastic surgery:
- What is the name of the procedure?
- What exactly happens during the surgery?
- What do I hope to gain from this procedure?
- Will this surgery achieve the results I want?
- What are the risks associated with the procedure?
- Will there be scarring, and where will the scars be?
- What is the cost of this surgery?
- How will I be paying for this surgery?
- Can I take the necessary time off to recover from this procedure?
- Are there any acceptable alternatives to surgery that I haven’t considered?
- Am I in good enough health to undergo this procedure?
Once you are satisfied with your research and know which cosmetic surgery you are interested in having, it’s time to choose the plastic surgeon who you trust to answer your lingering questions and complete your surgery.
Keep the following in mind as you look for a plastic surgeon:
- Are they certified by the American Board of Cosmetic Surgery?
- Do they have plenty of experience with the procedure you plan to have?
- Do you like the look of before and after photos of previous patients?
- How consistent are the surgeon’s results?
- Do you feel comfortable and safe with this surgeon?
- What is the accreditation level of the facility where the surgeon operates?
- Does the staff appear friendly and helpful?
- Are you able to clearly see all fees and the total cost of the surgery?
For more direction from Carolina’s Center for Plastic Surgery as you start your research process, reach out to us online or give us a call at (252) 222-5888.
Next Week: The Road to Your Procedure
Wondering what to expect from your doctor and what next steps are once you’ve picked the right surgeon? Check back next week for helpful information about your initial consult, followups, and scheduling your surgery. We’re excited to explore more in our next installment of Carolina’s Center for Plastic Surgery “Big Decisions” series.