For many individuals, cosmetic surgery is the right choice. It can inspire confidence, create new energy, and bring happiness to the lives of our patients who are able to see the true potential of their natural beauty.
Before undergoing any procedure, though, we encourage patients to do plenty of research, and take time to think about if cosmetic surgery is right for them. Read on to learn what you should know before you come to Carolinas Center for Plastic Surgery for an initial cosmetic surgery consultation.
Before Your Cosmetic Surgery Consultation in Morehead City
Meeting Your Surgeon, Dr. Klainer
Dr. Klainer wants to answer any questions you have about the procedure you are considering, and he will do just that at your consultation. However, it is still important to prepare so that you can voice any questions and concerns at your initial appointment.
- Research the cosmetic procedure you are interested in, and write down any questions you may have so you don’t forget them during your appointment.
- Wear loose, easily removable clothing if you are seeking a breast or body cosmetic procedure. (You’ll be asked to change into a patient gown for proper evaluation).
- Have your medical history ready and recorded. This includes any medical problems that run in your immediate family.
- Be prepared to provide Dr. Klainer with a full list of current medications, herbs, and supplements you are using.
- If you need to finance your procedure, ask about the options during your initial appointment so that you can start saving and planning prior to the surgery.
Potential Questions to Ask
Dr. Klainer will strive to answer any questions you may have before you even have to ask them, but some questions you may want to come prepared with include:
- Am I a good candidate for this procedure?
- What are the benefits?
- What are the risks?
- What type of anesthesia is required and who will perform it?
- Have you performed this procedure on patients like me? Can I see pictures of results?
The team at Carolinas Center for Plastic Surgery is always available to answer these and any other questions you have. Explore our website today to start your research for the cosmetic surgery procedure you are interested in.
We look forward to seeing you at our Morehead City, North Carolina, location.