SmartLipo Procedure in Morehead City, NC & Jacksonville, NC
SmartLipo was the first FDA approved system for laser assisted liposuction. It has gone through 7 generations of technological advances since its introduction in 2006, resulting in the new state-of-the-art Smartlipo TriPlex with Cellulaze. This revolutionary advance in liposuction technology allows for the permanent removal of unwanted and exercise resistant fat with little “down time”. This procedure is safer and gentler than traditional liposuction and is done in the office under a local anesthetic. Areas such as the abdomen, “love handles”, inner thighs, outer thighs, neck, chin, and upper arms are ideal regions for this procedure. Smartlipo differs from traditional tumescent liposuction in that Smartlipo TriPlex uses 3 high powered lasers to melt fat, coagulate blood vessels and tighten skin in the areas being treated. The improved skin tightening seen with the laser may also reduce the need for additional more invasive skin reducing procedures. The entire process takes between 1-4 hours depending on the areas being done and the patients may resume normal activity within 1-3 days.
The procedure is done in 4 steps:
- The areas being treated are numbed using local anesthetics.
- One laser is introduced into the deeper fat and the fat is “melted”.
- The melted fat is removed using a small liposuction cannula.
- A blend of 2 additional lasers is then introduced, these laser work to coagulate the small blood vessels, decreasing bruising; melt the superficial fat, leading too smoother results; and most importantly tighten the skin.
Smartlipo – Abdomen and Back
- Local anesthesia
- Cannula (tube) with laser liquefies fat
- Tighter skin due to collagen production from Smartlipo’s thermal energy
- Little to no scarring
- No stitches
- Downtime generally 1-2 days
- 2 week compression garment
- Complication rate of less than 1%
- General anesthesia
- Tube with vacuum sucks out fat
- Sagging or loose skin sometimes necessitates additional surgical procedures such as face or neck lifts
- Downtime – roughly 7 days
- 6 week compression garment
- 10% complications rate
The other exciting addition to the Smartlipo TriPlex is Cellulaze. This is the first laser in the world used to permanently reduce cellulite in a single treatment. Cellulaze is the only treatment that attacks the structural problems beneath the skin that cause cellulite. Cellulite affects an estimated 85% of women, usually first seen between the ages of 25-35. Cellulite is the appearance of dimpled, uneven skin on the thighs, buttocks, legs, abdomen, and even in some instances the arms. Unlike topical creams and hand-held external devices, Cellulaze works to improve the appearance of cellulite in 3 ways. First, using a revolutionary new laser fiber it divides and shrinks the vertical, fibrous bands that cause the skin to be tethered and appear dimpled. Second, the laser melts the fat that has pushed its way into the deeper skin layer causing the bulges associated with cellulite. Finally, the laser tightens the skin and stimulates collagen giving a thicker, healthier collagen layer to the skin resulting in a smoother look. The result is the permanent reduction of cellulite in only a single treatment.
Smartlipo – Abdomen and Back
Cellulaze was FDA approved in February 2012 but has been used overseas for more than 6 years. In recent surveys, 93% of patients were satisfied or very satisfied with their treatment results and 100% said that they would recommend Cellulaze to a friend. Cellulaze was shown to increase skin thickness by 25% and skin elasticity by 29% after 1 year.
The Smartlipo Laser and Cellulaze are in high demand and have been featured in places like People Magazine, Good Morning America, the Today Show, Access Hollywood, and The Doctors Show.